Document Type: Research(Original) Article
Klebsiella pneumoniae is a hospital-acquired pathogen that leads to various infections. Hence, efforts to develop an effective vaccine against that pathogen are well documented. Our interest is the production of the previously designed multi-epitope vaccine construct against the K. pneumoniae in a prokaryotic host. Therefore, a new construct containing the nucleotide sequence of the novel vaccine was successfully expressed in Escherichia coli and then purified by Ni-NTA spin column. The purified recombinant protein can be considered as potential vaccine candidate for wet-laboratory analysis aiming to fight K pneumoniae .
- Tsai SS, Huang JC, Chen ST, Sun JH, Wang CC, Lin SF, et al. Characteristics of Klebsiella pneumoniae Bacteremia in community-acquired and nosocomial infections in diabetic patients. Chang Gung Med J.2010;33:532-9.
- Tsay RW, Siu LK, Fung CP, Chang FY. Characteristics of bacteremia between community-acquired and nosocomial Klebsiella pneumoniae infection: risk factor for mortality and the impact of capsular serotypes as a herald for community-acquired infection. Arch Intern Med.2002;162:1021-7.
- Nikaido, H. Molecular basis of bacterial outer membrane permeability revisited. Microbiol Mol Biol Rev. 2003;67:593â656.
- Hong H, R. Patel D, Tamm LK, van den Berg B. The Outer membrane protein OmpW forms an eight-stranded Î²-barrel with a hydrophobic channel.J Biol Chem.2006;281:7568â77.
- Galdiero M, Vitiello M, Galdiero S. Eukaryotic cell signaling and transcriptional activation induced by bacterial porins. FEMS MicrobiolLett.2003;226:57-64.
- Jeannin P, Renno T, Goetsch L, Miconnet I, Aubry JP, Delneste Y, et al. OmpA targets dendritic cells, induces their maturation and delivers antigen into the MHC class I presentation pathway. Nature Immunol.2000;1:502â9.
- Larrie Baghal SM, Mousavi Gargari SL, Rasooli I. Production and immunogenicity of recombinant ferric enterobactin protein (FepA).Int J Infect Dis.2010;14:e166âe170.
- Ada G.The importance of vaccination.Front Biosci.2007;12:1278-90.
- Clements A, Jenney AW, Farn JL, Brown LE, Deliyannis G, Hartland EL, et al. Targeting subcapsular antigens for prevention of Klebsiella pneumonia infections. Vaccine.2008;26:5649-53.
- Li Y, Li ZJ, Han WY, Lei LC, Sun CJ, Feng X, et al. Identification and characterization of Th cell epitopes in MrkD adhesion of Klebsiella pneumonia. Microb Pathog.2010;49:8-13.
- Bijker MS, Melief CJ, Offringa R, van der Burg SH. Design and development of synthetic peptide vaccines: past, present and future. Expert Rev Vaccines.2007;6:591-603.
- van der Burg SH, Bijker MS, Welters MJ, Offringa R, Melief CJ. Improved peptide vaccine strategies, creating synthetic artificial infections to maximize immune efficacy. Adv Drug Deliv Rev.2006;58:916-30.
- Sbai H, Mehta A, DeGroot AS. Use of T cell epitopes for vaccine development. Curr Drug Targets Infect Disord.2001;1:303-13.
- Swartz J. Escherichia coli recombinant DNA technology in Esherichia coli and Salmonella: Cellular and Molecular Biology.2thed. American Society of Microbiology Press: Washington DC,1996.
- Shin CS, Hong MS, Bae CS, Lee J. Enhanced production of human mini-proinsulin in fed-batch cultures at high cell density of Escherichia coli BL21 (DE3)[pET-3aT2M2]. Biotechnology Progress. 1997;13(3):249â57.
- Farhadi T, Nezafat N, Ghasemi Y, Karimi Z, Hemmati S, Erfani N. Designing of complex multi-epitope peptide vaccine based on Omps of Klebsiellapneumoniae: an in silico approach. Int J Pept Res Ther.In press 2015.
- Ahmad TA, El-Sayed LH, Haroun M, Hussein AA, Ashry SH. Development of immunization trials against Klebsiella pneumoniae. Vaccine. 2012; 30(14):2411â20.
- Levine MM, Sztein MB. Vaccine development strategies for improving immunization: the role of modern immunology. Nat Immunol.2004;5:460â4.
- Kurupati P, Teh BK, Kumarasinghe G, Poh CL. Identification of vaccine candidate antigens of an ESBL producing Klebsiella pneumoniae clinical strain by immunoproteome analysis. Proteomics. 2006;6:836-4.
- Li S, Peng L, Zhao W, Zhong H, Zhang F, Yan Z, et al. Synthetic peptides containing B- and T-cell epitope of dengue virus-2 E domain III provoked B- and T-cell responses. Vaccine.2011;29:3695â702.
- Wang Z, Troilo PJ, Wang X, Griffiths TG, Pacchione SJ, Barnum AB, et al. Detection of integration of plasmid DNA into host genomic DNA following intramuscular injection and electroporation. Gene Ther. 2004;11:711â21.