Document Type: Commentary-Article
Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Center, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, P.O. Box 71345-1583, Shiraz, Iran
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, P.O. Box 71345-1583, Shiraz, Iran
Department of Traditional Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran.
The contemporary trends and concepts in pharmacy are widely affected by the emergence of Nano-, Bio- or Info- technologies (NBI) as an attempt to develop different principles of medicine. This commentary is trying to make a think tank room for 50 years ahead of pharmacy where the ambience of pharmacy will be affected by such technologies (NBI) together with cognition (NBIC) to achieve intelligence, low adverse reaction and holistic action medicals.
- Tomorrowâs pharmacy team, (2015).
- Cordell GA, Colvard MD. Natural Products and Traditional Medicine: Turning on a Paradigm. J. Nat. Prod., 2012, 75 (3), pp 514â525
- Canton J. Designing the future: NBIC technologies and human performance enhancement. Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 1013:186-8. 2004 New York Academy of Sciences.
- Greenberg A. From Alchemy to Chemistry in Picture and Story: Wiley; 2007
- Perrie Y. Pharmaceutical nanotechnology and nanomedicines. In: Aulton ME, Taylor KM, editors. Aulton's pharmaceutics: the design and manufacture of medicines: Elsevier Health Sciences; 2013.
- Kelley EG, Murphy RP, Seppala JE, Smart TP, Hann SD, Sullivan MO, et al. Size evolution of highly amphiphilic macromolecular solution assemblies via a distinct bimodal pathway. Nature Communications. 2014;5:3599.
- Walsh G. Second-generation biopharmaceuticals. European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics. 2004;58(2):185-96.
- Kim HU, Ryu JY, Lee JO, Lee SY. A systems approach to traditional oriental medicine. Nat Biotech. 2015;33(3):264-8.
- Next-generation stem cell therapy poised to enter EU market. Nat Biotech. 2015;33(3):224-5.
- Moran N. First gene therapy approved. Nat Biotech. 2012;30(12):1153-.
- Huang Q, Jin H, Liu Q, Wu Q, Kang H, Cao Z, et al. Proteochemometric modeling of the bioactivity spectra of HIV-1 protease inhibitors by introducing protein-ligand interaction fingerprint. PloS one. 2012;7(7):e41698.
- Schames JR, Henchman RH, Siegel JS, Sotriffer CA, Ni H, McCammon JA. Discovery of a Novel Binding Trench in HIV Integrase. Journal of medicinal chemistry. 2004;47(8):1879-81.
- Cognition. (2015, February 19). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 12:50, February 21, 2015, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Cognition&oldid=647916804.
- Churchland P. Neurophilosophy: Toward a Unified Science of the Mind-Brain 1989.
- Mosleh G, Shahsavend Ananloo E, Mohagheghzadeh A, Zarei M. The mind-brain theory and neurophilosophy. Oral presentation basic and clinical neuroscience 3rd congress 2014. 2014:29-31.
- Liu X, Wu WY, Jiang BH, Yang M, Guo DA. Pharmacological tools for the development of traditional Chinese medicine. Trends in pharmacological sciences. 2013;34(11):620-8.
- Tabei S, Riazi A. Medical Sciences in the Third Millenium: An Avicennian Approach. Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal 2009;11(1):4-9.